JOIN
Get Time
surveys  Results

For this contest, we asked potential bloggers to show us a bit of their world -- to use text, video, or whatever to tell us a story and demonstrate the humor, humanity, and perspective that they would bring to their coverage of the TCCC. While we provided some sample concepts (like 'take us to an event' or 'introduce us to someone') the content was basically wide open. From these entries, we're looking for two bloggers who can capture the atmosphere of the tournament, report it to the members who couldn't be there, and contribute to the TC Channel coverage of the event. Please vote for the entries that you think show the most potential to be great bloggers.

Rank Candidate
1 moh_taha_eg

"I was never involved in a Blogging process but actually, I have been involved in at least 15 onsite contests before, so I can really think about what the online and the onsite audience like to see in the Blogs and the newsletters.
download all submissions
2 tywok

"After almost getting to red and then losing all my rating, after almost screwing up the last TCCC qualification because my credit card was not accepted at Starbucks... I have to admit I don't see any chances to get to a tournament in a couple of years."
download all submissions
3 a.mounir86

"One year has passed, one year on TopCoder!! The best year of my life? One year for me to discover that programming is not science, it's not math and it's not experience? It's an art!"
download all submissions
4 FMX

"Algorithm Competitions require everyone to participate at the same time, so improper timings of SRMs in some parts of the world are inevitable. Topcoder members were asked to share their views on the clash of their sleep and an SRM starting at, say 4:00 am."
download all submissions
5 Maraqja

"Do you know the TopCoder member Psyho? Maybe you want to know what he thinks about you, about TopCoder... or maybe you are just curious how much "psycho" is in Psyho..."
download all submissions
6 jthread

"As a snowboard freak, I go on a snowboard holiday twice a year, and because that plays an important role in my life, I decided to share it with you."
download all submissions
7 wang_liang

"Do you ever hear of Formula 1? It is full of the best racers, the fastest racing cars and the craziest fans. I will conduct you to Shanghai F1 circuit, which holds the next to the last race."
download all submissions

When calculating the winner in this type of election, one can organize the data into a matrix. You can see that matrix here. Each cell (row,col) indicates how many times row was preferred over col. If row beat col, the cell will be red.

FMX

"Algorithm Competitions require everyone to participate at the same time, so improper timings of SRMs in some parts of the world are inevitable. Topcoder members were asked to share their views on the clash of their sleep and an SRM starting at, say 4:00 am."
download all submissions
Maraqja

"Do you know the TopCoder member Psyho? Maybe you want to know what he thinks about you, about TopCoder... or maybe you are just curious how much "psycho" is in Psyho..."
download all submissions
a.mounir86

"One year has passed, one year on TopCoder!! The best year of my life? One year for me to discover that programming is not science, it's not math and it's not experience? It's an art!"
download all submissions
jthread

"As a snowboard freak, I go on a snowboard holiday twice a year, and because that plays an important role in my life, I decided to share it with you."
download all submissions
moh_taha_eg

"I was never involved in a Blogging process but actually, I have been involved in at least 15 onsite contests before, so I can really think about what the online and the onsite audience like to see in the Blogs and the newsletters.
download all submissions
tywok

"After almost getting to red and then losing all my rating, after almost screwing up the last TCCC qualification because my credit card was not accepted at Starbucks... I have to admit I don't see any chances to get to a tournament in a couple of years."
download all submissions
wang_liang

"Do you ever hear of Formula 1? It is full of the best racers, the fastest racing cars and the craziest fans. I will conduct you to Shanghai F1 circuit, which holds the next to the last race."
download all submissions
FMX

download all submissions
36 29 36 28 31 42
Maraqja

download all submissions
34 33 35 31 34 43
a.mounir86

download all submissions
35 38 41 30 33 44
jthread

download all submissions
33 27 30 27 24 38
moh_taha_eg

download all submissions
45 46 44 50 42 56
tywok

download all submissions
37 41 38 49 35 51
wang_liang

download all submissions
19 25 20 25 16 21