JOIN
Get Time
employmentOpps   

Take a look at job openings at TopCoder and TopCoder Software.

HandleComment
TonyJhi everyone. thanks for joining us
nicka81hello :)
Ragnarokare you hiring Internal Developer?
Ragnarokor only team lead and architect?
scamptopgear: what' your background?
messRagnarok: we are hiring architects and PMs, however we may be looking to add a contract developer soon as well
TonyJRagnarok: what type of position interests you?
Ragnarokmess: what is a "contract developer"?
messRagnarok: we have clients that might need additional resources that we place them at, it would not be full time, an agreed upon hourly wage will be paid
RagnarokTonyJ: I'm interested in Internal Developer position, becuase that's the only position for which I fit the requirements :)
nicka81mess: what applications are you currently developing?
messnicka81: We have some internal projects going on such as enhancements to the screening tool, additionally a wide range of client projects everthing from asset repositories to scheduling applications
Ragnarokmess: cool, and the "contract developer" has to move to Hartford, CT area too? or not?
brianewalshnicka81: What kind of position interests you
messRagnarok: no it would be remote
TonyJbrianewalsh: Hey Brian, what are some of the things you like most about being a PM at TopCoder?
Ragnarokmess: I'm greatly interested in such a position :)
nicka81brianewalsh: both ID and architect are interesting
nicka81brianewalsh: what is a usual workday of an architect?
TonyJDataSurfer: Hello DataSurfer
DataSurferHi
messRagnarok: we have had several people from the ukraine fill these positions
brianewalshTangentZ: Can you describe a typical architect's day
messRagnarok: I would definitely recommend trying some of the component competitions as well
TonyJDataSurfer: is there anything you are curious about regarding TCS jobs?
bchopshello Shadowfax21
Shadowfax21what's up
Ragnarokmess: I'm trying, though I have full-time job right now so I don't have enough time for component competition.
gawill tcs consider developers from india ??
bchopsall kinds of things!
Shadowfax21are there any development positions open at TC
gai mean outside us
DataSurfermost positions require relocation to Connecticut?
bchopsShadowfax21: there are through the component competitions
topgearscamp: college graduate in IT
bchopsShadowfax21: and, we might be taking on a contractor sometime soon
messRagnarok: ahh, I see alot of the contract positions we have when they open up are 40 hours a week as well
brianewalshnicka81: An architect has many different roles. Primarily they translate the business requirements into technical design. Specifically components. But they also guide the direction of the component catalog and work with clients to deploy applications
scamptopgear: what positions interest you at TopCoder?
TonyJDataSurfer: no, you don't have to move to CT
harvey6ftDataSurfer: The CA and PM positions don't require relocation, just travel
TonyJDataSurfer: but the positions do require travel
DataSurferoh ok
nicka81brianewalsh: and who makes the actual application integration?
topgearI'm not sure ! perhaps an architect
messga: we will consider for contracting positions and also in the future we may hire architects outside the US
TonyJDataSurfer: are you interested in doing application architecture, or project management?
TangentZA typical architect's day: check the developer forums, check the TC forums, work with assemblers, write component requirements specification docs, think up new component ideas... etc
topgearI need more design competitions :)
brianewalshnicka81: when you say integration? TopCoder architect/deployment engineers work with the client to deploy the completed application to their quality assurance environment
TangentZIf you are working with a PM on a client project, you get to work on application design deliverables
DataSurferI think my talents are in the area of Architecture
Ragnarokmess: well, I think, any position in topcoder values much more for me, than my current job. So, half-time job from topcoder will force me to quit my current job :)
messRagnarok: :-)
brianewalshTangentZ: Can you describe a bit more detail about working with a PM
FogleBirdnicka81: Integration is done by the application assemblers. The architect and PM will monitor and guide their progress.
messRagnarok: alot of our contract positions are Java or C#
TonyJDataSurfer: we have some really exciting client work going on. We could use some good architects to join the team
brianewalshnicka81: TangentZ is also giving some details on architects
nicka81FogleBird: how many architects do you currently have?
nicka81FogleBird: how many PMs ?
DataSurferIn my current job I do everything from soup to nuts on desktop apps.
TangentZWorking with a PM typically starts with reading up on the business requirements that the PM has prepared
TonyJTangentZ: as an architect, how much do you typically travel?
FogleBirdnicka81: Someone else can provide exact numbers, but I believe we have over 20 PMs now and roughly 10 architects.
brianewalshFogleBird: 7 architects and I think 17 pms (tonyJ would know exactly)
Ragnarokmess: I know but I'm ok with Java. I still use C++ as my default language, but I work with Java for more than a half of a year 40 hours a week
TangentZThe next step is then have you travel to the client site and meet with the available client resources.
TonyJDataSurfer: are you interested in expanding your skill sets and broadening your experience?
gawhere can i have a look at contract positions available ?
DataSurferDefinitely
TangentZThe onsite portion typically lasts about 2-3 weeks, depending on the size of the project
messRagnarok: sounds like you have enough java experience :-)
DataSurferI have not yet had a chance to work with UML or J2EE yet
TonyJmcards13: Mcards13, how much do you typically travel as a PM?
messga: as long as you sign up for placement, a placement agent will keep you in mind
Ragnarokmess: probably, yes :) what IDE are you using, by the way?
bgogginRagnarok: I agree, I can't see a C++ jockey having a lot of problems with Java.
KawigiWow, lots of orange
TangentZDuring this time, you get the chance to ask lots of questions about the client needs, mostly from a technical point of view.
kittlekga http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=about&d2=jobs
messbchops: Why did you end up joining TopCoder?
Ragnarokbgoggin: some java neat things like anonymous classes or reflections really made me happy :))
messKawigi: I liked the new nickname for TheFaxman
Kawigimess: :-) I still think "TheSystem" is more likely to stick
bgogginRagnarok: Not having to worry about memory (for the most part) is nice too.
bchopsShadowfax21: well, in graduate school (working with medical robots) i spent a lot of time working on design standards compliance
TangentZYou also get the chance to discuss possible technical restrictions with the PM and the client and come to some compromise, if necessary.
TonyJDataSurfer: Feel free to email me and we can talk more. I'd like to find out more about what you are currently working on.
DataSurferTonyJ: Ok
messKawigi: I like that one even better
Ragnarokdefinitely:)
bchopsmess: our laboratory was hoping to deploy a library that met open source standards.
Ragnarokdefinitely:)
Ragnarokbgoggin: hm.. some bug
Kawigimess: I came up with it when I was a writer, and I asked lars if the system was restarting something, and he said "Well, if by 'the system' you mean 'TheFaxman', then yes"
Ragnarokbgoggin: I couldn't reply to you..:)
bgogginRagnarok: No problem.
messKawigi: I'll have to use that in the office
bchopsmess: this 'learned me religion' for structured development, and by the time i left we were basically building components
bgogginRagnarok: What position did you say you were interested in?
brianewalshTonyJ:
Ragnarokbgoggin: well, I'm interested in contract developer the most :)
brianewalshTonyJ: I enjoy the people at TopCoder the most. Day-to-day, I enjoy the various challenges each new client creates and translating those challenges into specifications.
bchopsmess: the advantages of this approach were huge. TopCoder was a chance to get involved early in prooving that.
bgogginRagnarok: How about architecture?
Ragnarokbgoggin: that's cool, but I know that I don't fit all the requirements for this position
bgogginRagnarok: What do you feel you're missing?
bchopsmess: also, the atmosphere at topcoder is more akin to a lab than punch-in-punch-out corporate work
brianewalshTonyJ: Additionally, it is fun to be working with such a unique business model for creating software.
Ragnarokbgoggin: for example "including participation in a TopCoder Component Design Competition."
bgogginRagnarok: That's easily remedied.
TonyJbutler: hey butler, how are you doing?
bgogginRagnarok: It only takes a few weeks to do:)
butlerTonyJ: I am doing excellent.
bchopsmess: they pay is great. the people are fun. initiative was well rewarded. and so to topcoder went I!
TonyJbutler: I see you are a student?
mcards13TonyJ: as a PM the travel time can vary from project to project, I would say 25% is an avg guideline from my personal experience
butlerTonyJ: I don't know that I am interested in becoming either an architect or a PM
butlerTonyJ: yes, that is correct.
TonyJbutler: when do you graduate?
butlerTonyJ: I should graduate next summer 2007
Ragnarokbgoggin: I know, but currently I don't fit that requirement and I assume that you're searching an architect right now, so you need it immediately? or not?
bgogginRagnarok: I'm sure we can wait a few weeks if you're interested.
topgearscamp: I need to work my English since my second language is French.
bgogginRagnarok: I think it's a very interesting position.
Ragnarokbgoggin: I'm interested
FalconsGazewill you sponsor work visa
topgearscamp: Oui
TonyJbutler: what do you think interests you more? The technical stuff or the business/client stuff?
bgogginRagnarok: Feel free to email me with any specific questions you have about it.
topgearscamp: Is relocation easier
butlerTonyJ: I am definitely more interested in technical stuff... coding is what I enjoy.
harvey6ftIf you're interested, drop me a line (bflood@topcoder.com)... I'm one of the placement agents with TopCoder and I'll get back to you in the next day or so.
Ragnarokbgoggin: that's good, what's your e-mail, by the way? ;)
scamptopgear: than what?
bgogginRagnarok: bgoggin@topcoder.com
TangentZbutler: I think being an assembler would fit your interest
TonyJbutler: you should get more involved in the component competitions
TonyJbutler: it is great experience, especially for the architect position
topgearscamp: mercie
butlerTonyJ: I havent had time to make a commitment to those projects yet
scamptopgear: je vous en prie
butlerTonyJ: but I do think that I could enjoy it if I got into it
butlerTonyJ: I also don't want to just do it once and end up with a really poor rating on my record, I think.
TonyJmcards13: You're travel experience is pretty unique. Most PM's travel the majority of the time. But like you said, it varies from project to project
topgearscamp: Relocating to the US will change my life , I hope a better life
scamptopgear: whish you the best. When are you moving here?
butlerTonyJ: Are assemblers currently in demand as well?
TonyJbutler: based on your other stats i think you'd do pretty well
TonyJbutler: you have to start somewhere :)
butlerTonyJ: thanks for the confidence! :)
mcards13TonyJ: I agree, that has been my personal experience since I have had 2 projects relatively close to my home. However my currrent project has increased my travel
gentoolmanHello!
TangentZgentoolman: hello and welcome
pdowninghi
TonyJbutler: we do occassionally need assemblers, but right now we aren't looking to add any. But that could always change at any time
topgearscamp: I hope Topcoder will help me with this task
butlerbrb...
gentoolmanSorry for my late.
brianewalshgentoolman: What kind of work interests you?
gentoolmanbrianewalsh: development
FalconsGazeadmins: do you sponsor work visa
butlerI have been having problems with my TopCoder client on this computer...
gentoolmanI'm rated in development, but I'm still beginner
messFalconsGaze: Currently we do not
kittlekunfortunately at this time, we do not sponsor visa
TonyJFogleBird: Hey Fogle, what do you like best about being a TopCoder PM?
FalconsGazeadmins: ok
brianewalshgentoolman: ah, I would encourage you to keep competing and work on your design skills as well.
FalconsGazeadmins: next time
TangentZgentoolman: how are you enjoying the component competition?
topgearscamp: I have developped my own OS , a toy OS . Is this a good point to put in my resume?
gentoolmanI think, time for component realisation is too short (1 week)
brianewalshgentoolman: how much time would you like?
scamptopgear: any good accomplishment is worth listing.
brianewalshgentoolman: (ideally)
gentoolman2 weeks should be well for many components
TangentZtopgear: that is very good! :)
FogleBirdTonyJ: Personally I enjoy working with those on my team (both TopCoder employees and the members) and seeing the project come to fruition and being successful.
FogleBirdTonyJ: I also enjoy seeing the TCS process at work and how well it can produce good software when executed properly.
scamptopgear: you should post your resume on the topcoder site
gentoolmanI have some collegues, who don't participate in Comp Dev., because time is too short for them
Ragnarokbgoggin: do you know a lot of programmers from Ukraine?
gentoolmanfor me, too
TangentZgentoolman: are you in school or working?
topgearscamp: Thank you all , but I'm really new to J2EE
brianewalshgentoolman: I understand, we will take that into consideration.
bgogginRagnarok: I've worked with three or four through TopCoder.
topgearscamp: I need more self learning
pdowninggentoolman: If dev is too short, try design
bgogginRagnarok: I believe isv is Ukrainian.
scamptopgear: keep working on those components
gentoolmanI'm working
messRagnarok: bladerunner and his brother are two good ukranians
messRagnarok: aksonov, roma, TAG have also participated in components
gentoolmanAnd I can work with components only during weekend and evenings
messRagnarok: there are alot of ukrainians that participate in topcoder
gentoolman1 week for design could be too short, too, but I did't try it yet.
bchopstopgear: when you say self-learning, do you mean the TopCoder method for design/dev, or something else?
topgearscamp: Yes , sure . I think this is the best way to learn more technologies
DataSurferhow much do potential employers look at Contest Submissions when considering candidates?
topgearscamp: I learn something when I really need it.
TangentZgentoolman: if you are familiar with the required technologies and Poseidon, it doesn't take too long for designs.
Ragnarokmess: Well, bladerunner now works for google, as far as I know :)
pdowninggentoolman: I see.
topgearscamp: But I'm tired from working alone
TonyJdimitare: Hi dimitare, how are you today?
pdowninggentoolman: I didnt realize you were only able to work after hours on the compititions
scamptopgear: what do you mean?
gentoolmanAbout time: I worked with Rule Eval. Compiler and I think, 8 days for that comp. was too short for all developers
topgearscamp: I need a team :)
dimitareTonyJ: good
dimitareTonyJ: u?
brianewalshgentoolman: It might be worth trying some design for a learning experience even if you don't complete the design
TonyJdimitare: i'm doing fine, thanks.
messRagnarok: oh you meant that works for us, I'm sorry I misunderstood
dimitareTonyJ: sorry I am new at topcoder
messRagnarok: TAG, aksonov, Roma have all done contracting for us
Ragnarokmess: Well, actually I ment works for you :)
TonyJdimitare: newcomers are always welcome
gentoolmanDesign can be interesting, but I don't like Poseidon :(
dimitareTonyJ: how can apply for amy of this position
dimitareTonyJ: ?
topgearscamp: An example is my OS , I was developping it alone :(
TangentZgentoolman: ah, the rule engine components may be a bit on the complex side for someone new.
bgoggingentoolman: It's a necessary evil.
brianewalshgentoolman: You get used to it :)
gentoolmanPoseidon have big functionality, but work with them is uncomfortable.
kittlekto apply for any of these positions, feel free to email me at kkittle@topcoder, as I am one of the recruiters for TCS
scamptopgear: do you know a lot of other developers in Algeria?
TonyJdimitare: Are you interested in doing technical work or project management?
messgentoolman: it takes a while to get used to it
Ragnarokmess: that's nice. unfortunately I don't know them too much :9
Ragnarokmess: :(
dimitareTonyJ: i am more technical person
topgearscamp: Yes , no one cares
bgoggingentoolman: It never gets great, but it gets better.
TonyJdimitare: are you graduating this year?
dimitareTonyJ: march 2007
kcluneHere are the current open positions at TopCoder:
kclunehttp://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=about&d2=jobs
TonyJdimitare: I would suggest getting involved in some component competitions
gentoolmanQuestion about design:
yoitsfrancishello good morning
TonyJdimitare: they are great experience and are a great lead into doing component based architecture
yoitsfrancisits 8:30am in the Philippines
gentoolmanIt is needed to know much about existing tc Components?
Ragnarokbgoggin: Speaking about Architect position: the requirements state :"Must be willing to travel. Travel will be minor, estimated at 20% - 30% of the time." What are these travels are needed for? Could you please give an example?
brianewalshyoitsfrancis: hello, what kind of work interests you?
mcards13yoitsfrancis: Its 7:30pm here :)
chippydipyoitsfrancis: well, good morning to you, then :)
gentoolmanI see, designs used many existing components.
messyoitsfancis: good morning
dimitareTonyJ: i see
TangentZgentoolman: it helps to be familiar with the catalog
topgearscamp: I'm also interested in game developping , I have some experience with Direct 3D 9 . But I'm not plannig to continue in this field :) , I'm targeting J2ee and .Net
scamptopgear: are you employed?
brianewalshgentoolman: it definitely helps, but isn't required. You can pick them up as you go and or browse the catalog during design
topgearscamp: No :)
gentoolmanAt least one is unnececery - BaseException (in JDK1.4 Exception have the same functionality)
bgogginRagnarok: In order to do a thorough design, it's helpful to meet the clients to be sure you understand what they need.
topgearscamp: I'm free
messRagnarok: we are gradually trying to reduce travel for architects
bgogginRagnarok: It also makes it easier to explain the design to them in person.
messRagnarok: in the future we hope not to have travel
Ragnarokbgoggin: Do your clients review your requirement specifications?
bgogginRagnarok: Yes, they are produced by PM's but done with much client involvement.
gentoolmanThanks for that answers
topgearscamp: Is Topcoder interested in SMS servers ?
messJohan.de.Ruiter: How are you doing Johan
brianewalshgentoolman: anytime, are there any other questions we can answer for you?
DataSurferTonyJ: Ok
DataSurferhow much do potential employers look at Contest Submissions when considering candidates?
gentoolmanI thinking... :)
bgogginRagnarok: The client sees and approves all deliverables. This openness is one of the best things about the process. However, I'm sure the PM could present designs too. Are you interested in travel?
Ragnarokbgoggin: Oh, and clients also review design documents? :)
harvey6ftDataSurfer: it depends on the client and what they're looking for
scamptopgear: we have lots of different projects, with different technologies. I don't know that we have any SMS projects right now, but we could in the future.
topgearscamp: A corporation might use an SMS server to send notifications to its clients.
harvey6ftDataSurfer: but many of our clients weight the Algo. scores heavily
TangentZgentoolman: the more you participate in the component competitions, the more you will pick up on the existing components. It is a long-term investment.
messDataSurfer: for the architect position we definitely require at least one design competitions
Ragnarokbgoggin: about the travels, it doesn't matter a lot for me.. though.. 30% of travels is too much for me, probably :)
DataSurferok I will have to get in on that then
topgearscamp: A java or C# front ends for an SMS server is a good idea !
bgogginRagnarok: Well, I think that would work for the architect position.
bgogginRagnarok: You'd work with a Project Manager that could do a lot of the remote work.
gentoolmanthanks. About payments: I think, it is problem with got prize.
TangentZRagnarok: the travels come in "bursts"... they are not continuous.
RagnarokTangentZ: ah, that's better, "bursts" are more likely for me :)
kittlekh
gentoolmanMayby the way for got money should be simpler?
kittlekHitiek: hi there
TangentZtopgear: are you experienced in J2ME?
Johan.de.Ruitermess: Hi mess, I'm okay
gentoolmanWithout tax forms and papers from Ambassay?
Ragnarokbgoggin: I see.. :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: how's school?
Johan.de.Ruitermess: school is okay too :)
Hitiekkittlek: hello
messJohan.de.Ruiter: good to hear, are you enjoying TopCoder?
gentoolman...could be simpler? (I want to write)
TangentZRagnarok: it is more like 2-3 weeks of travel, then 2-3 months working at home remotely... and the cycle repeats itself.
TonyJcmparish: What are some differenced about being a PM at TopCoder compared to a traditional software company?
topgearscamp: No , but if needed I can learn it.
messgentoolman: yes it is a pain the first time but once set up you can get bank transfers which is easier
kittlekHitiek: always good to "run" into somebody i know
Johan.de.Ruitermess: yes, I only did two contests sofar, but I really like it; I even stay up til 6 in the morning to compete :)
RagnarokTangentZ: that is definitely ok for me
messJohan.de.Ruiter: :-) There are alot of good competitors from the Netherlands
messJohan.de.Ruiter: have you looked at the component competitions at all yet?
topgearscamp: It is only a matter of time
bgogginRagnarok: I strongly encourage you to give it a try. You have a lot of OO experience.
Johan.de.Ruitermess: I haven't seen much of the things besides the algorithmcontests yet
Ragnarokbgoggin: thank you for encouranging.. so, what shall I do? take part in component competition, then.. ? contact you? or apply my resume?
gentoolmanOk. I didn't won any cash, so I don't have problem so far :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: you should definitely check out the design and development contests, they are different but build real world skills and you can earn money :-)
gentoolmanBut I read the rules and I think, it is problem with got money 1st time.
TangentZtopgear: I just thought you might be because your mentioned SMS. :)
bgogginRagnarok: Yes, you should participate and then contact me or one of the placement specialists.
Johan.de.Ruitermess: I did take a look at the multithreading-competition; I like the way topcoder motivates people to learn new stuff
messgentoolman: we definitely pay people in poland without problems
kittlekRagnarok: you can email me at kkittle@topcoder.com
harvey6ftDrop me a line at bflood@topcoder.com , I'm one of the TC recruiters
gentoolmanIt is good info :)
cmparishTonyJ: one of the biggest differences is how can affectively utilize a global resource base. We can literally have developers from all over the world working on a single project.
Ragnarokbgoggin: ok, thank you very much for the answers.. :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: yes there are a lot of ways to learn and improve and we try to make it fun :-)
kittlekRagnarok: or brian! :)
bgogginRagnarok: It was a pleasure.
Ragnarokkittlek: thanks, I'll remember your e-mail. Who's Brian? (And where is Brenda ;) )
Johan.de.Ruitermess: the design and component development... does that involve lots of paperwork, or mostly smart thinking? (I like puzzles)
gentoolmanIn subject of tests: Last review show me, that I still have problems with writing and comenting tests.
messJohan.de.Ruiter: design has a lot of documentation but you have to think what is the best way to solve a business problem using code, you design all the UML and class diagrams
kittlekRagnarok: brian is a fellow recruiter...not sure who brenda is :)
bgogginRagnarok: harvey6ft is Brian Flood.
messgentoolman: always room for improvement with everyone :-)
Ragnarokkittlek: ooh.. sorry, I thought you were talking about brianewalsh .. and I recalled Beverly Hills :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: development you have to come up with the best way to code someone else's design, so you can factor in performance, etc
TangentZgentoolman: I think those are the kind of valuable feedbacks that are hard to get elsewhere.
gentoolmanHow do you think, how many components should I create for learn, how to write good tests?
Johan.de.Ruitermess: ah okay
messJohan.de.Ruiter: you can also download a component and look at scorecards to see what people have done in the past
kittlekRagnarok: sounds like a good story! :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: to help get started
topgearscamp: I'm curious about wages in Topcoder :)
Ragnarokkittlek: :))
Johan.de.Ruitermess: that sounds like a good idea
messgentoolman: i would recommend downloading some winning components and try to learn by example as well
scamptopgear: Topcoder pays well. you should talk to one of our recruiters.
DataSurferThanks for setting up this chat session
gentoolmanGood idea. But most of downloaded component don't have tests in distribution :(
DataSurferSee you guys around.
gentoolmanAnother problem (with RUle Engine)
kittlekRagnarok: you know the TCO is in Vegas?
messgentoolman: you can get a free subscription at http://software.topcoder.com/
topgearscamp: I hope so after two or three months
Ragnarokkittlek: Yes, of course. I'm registered for it.
gentoolmanI'm subscribed, ok :)
messgentoolman: then you can download all completed components and they have test cases
harvey6ftif anyone would like to talk in more detail about TC Software jobs please contact Brian Flood at bflood@topcoder.com
gentoolmanRule Engine was divided into 3 components
kittlekRagnarok: good! hope to see you there
messgentoolman: yes
gentoolmanOk. I will do that.
scamptopgear: hope to hear from you soon then.
Johan.de.Ruitermess: I was wondering about the intel competitions: Is intel interested in the resulting code and ideas, or in motivating people to go multithreaded
TangentZgentoolman: I suggest trying with the simpler components first, those with few or no dependencies.
gentoolmanAnd there was some lacks in Compiler, which I worked on.
topgearscamp: :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: also, don't forget about the TopCoder Collegiate Challenge we'll have big prize money for design, development and algorithms you'll qualify for all three
gentoolmanIn other words: some of functionality of Evaluator was needed
gentoolmanI took some classes from Eval
yoitsfrancishi admins, thanks for your time and having this kind of opportunity =)
harvey6ftThanks everyone for stopping by!
topgearscamp: thank you sc
chippydipgentoolman: it sounds like you have lots of good component design ideas... you should really try a few competitions
kittlekRagnarok: Thanks everybody, have a good evening or morning, wherever you are!
topgearscamp: thank you scamp for your help
messJohan.de.Ruiter: just motivation
gentoolmanAnd, in result, many tests of reviewers didn't compile, because reviewers worked on the wron g version of that interfaces/classes.
scamptopgear: mon plaisir
Johan.de.Ruitermess: okay, I will look it up on the website
messgentoolman: that is not typical, also I will talk to ivern about it tomorrow
TonyJcmparish: if anybody has more questions or want to talk in more detail feel free to contact us. My email is tjefts@topcoder.com
topgearscamp: I will mail you some questions . a plus :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: the TCCC competition also comes with a free trip to where ever it is being held :-)
scamptopgear: a bientot
gentoolmanmess: Thank you.
Johan.de.Ruitermess: I like trips ;)
TangentZgentoolman: You should have tried the Document Indexer. It is relatively straightforward and great for beginners. :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: they are always fun
Johan.de.Ruitermess: :)
messJohan.de.Ruiter: It is always fun to meet other TopCoders
Kawigi**Kawigi increases the number of non-admins by 14%
messJohan.de.Ruiter: I have met a few people from the netherlands there such as Jan_Kuipers and krijgertje
gentoolmanThat's right, I have to search for simpler component.
gentoolmanBut I (and many developers) not always have time.
messgentoolman: also please make full use of all the forums and round tables they are great resources
Ragnarokgoodbye everyone and thank you.
Ragnarokgood luck :)
gentoolmanI had time, when only hard components were posted :(
messRagnarok: good by and good luck in the tco
chippydipRagnarok: goodbye
Johan.de.Ruitermess: I know them both, but I think they don't know me; or maybe Jan Kuipers knows my name from the contests in highschool
gentoolmanWhat are round tables?
bgogginRagnarok: Thanks Ragnar
messJohan.de.Ruiter: nice guys
bgogginRagnarok: Thanks Ragnarok
TangentZgentoolman: http://forums.topcoder.com/?module=Main
Johan.de.Ruitermess: yeah :)
messgentoolman: sorry they are now called forums, I'm used to calling them round tables an older name for them
messJohan.de.Ruiter: you'll have to follow in their footsteps and become red ;-)
Johan.de.Ruitermess: :D trying to :p
gentoolmanok :)
gentoolmanmess: Thanks
messTake care everyone, have a good night
gentoolmanThank you and vice versa.
TonyJhave a good night everyone