JOIN
Get Time
employmentOpps   

Take a look at Citigroup's job openings.

HandleComment
gt494Jan_Kuipers: are you interested in working there?
ibbuI am interseted in working in NY
Jan_Kuipersi'm not sure... I've got no experience at all in finance, so I don't really know what to expect from such a job
ibbuI am waiting for my citizenship
gt494ibbu: when will you have it?
revtekniquesJan_Kuipers: you dont need experience
revtekniquesJan_Kuipers: ;)
revtekniquesJan_Kuipers: you just need to be smart
citigroup4hi. sorry for the delay
revtekniquesJan_Kuipers: we should have drinks again sometime and talk about this jan
ibbumay be in 3 months I almost complete my Bachelors in Computer Science
gt494citigroup4: no problem
gt494citigroup4: ready to get started?
Jan_Kuipersrevtekniques: sounds like an excellent plan
revtekniquesJan_Kuipers: definitely!
ibbuwhat do i need to work at citigroup as a canadian citizen
citigroup4We have chatted a number of times about opportunities at citigroup. Hopefully we can answerr questions for those that know nothing about what we are doing and contune answerring questions for those that have seen our prior chats
citigroup4for canadian citizens = one needs an h1 or a nafta viasa
ibbudo I have to apply for it or u guys give me one
gt494Jan_Kuipers: what questions do you have for citigroup4 ?
nfamusWhat kind of jobs are there?
citigroup4We are always looking for people for a wide variety of areas in our top areas of financial algorithm technology
EeyoreWhy is the word city misspelled in citigroup?
gt494citigroup4: which group do you work in?
shaqtHi
citigroup4I am in equity derivatives.
gdiegodo you hire yellows or just red ?
gdiego:)
gt494citigroup4: ahh, part of Ryan's group then?
ibbudo I have to apply for it or u guys give me one
Eeyorecitigroup4: Do you code financial algorithms yourself?
Simeonci
Eeyoreibbu: Your offer of employment is in the mail already.
citigroup4gt, yes
harvey6ftCanadian Visas are usually fairly easy to get as long as you have a four year degree
nfamusWho are the reps here??
gt494nfamus: citigroup4 is
nfamusThanks
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup4: What sort of interesting challenges do you work on?
citigroup4eeyore, yes we create the algorithms to make or help make trading decisions and then implement them into production
SimeonWhat regions of the globe are you hiring in? Asia/Pacific?
nfamusSo most of the openings deal with financial algorithms
citigroup4most of the openings are in the new york area
citigroup4we also have an IT office in warren, nj
nfamusThe city or in upstate new york
citigroup4downtown manhattan
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup4: I don't know much about finance, but I'd like to know what sort of interesting problems you are working on?
nfamusIs there any specific language you are looking for?
nfamusC, Java, VB
mikemir8do you offer nafta visas for mexican programmers?
shaqtim assuming Java and VB is for inhouse apps, and C for data manipulation?
citigroup4jan, the problems are very challenging. often they relate to low latency, high throughput, or distributed systems. the volumes of data we deal with are enormous - many GB per day
citigroup4we use C#, Java, and C++, depending on the particular group
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup4: i see, thanks
gdiegocitigroup4: what do you have to do to apply
shaqt/admin
gt494gdiego: http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=contracting&d2=citigroup
kcluneWhat is the environment like?
Jan_Kuipersrevtekniques: don't worry...
Jan_Kuipersrevtekniques: hehe
citigroup4I am unfortunately unsure of our visa policy; it's always been case by case when I've encountered it.
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup4: what sort of algorithms are you working with?
citigroup4by the environment, do you mean the office?
harvey6ftWhat is the career path at Citigroup in your group?
shaqtin applicants do u look at GPA or non-academic perfoamance,,
citigroup4if you work on the trading floor, it's a massive room with 500 people. most of the IT offices are cubicles
citigroup1Hi.
nfamusDo you need a degree to get a job with citigroup
revtekniquesgeneral
gt494citigroup1: hello
citigroup4we definitely look at GPA and academic accomplishments, in addition to previous job experience, and brainteasers and techical problems administered during interviews
revtekniqueswho dividisions are you guys hiring for?
subodhl82Hi
nfamusBut do you need a degree to get a job?
citigroup4nfa, generally yes, you need an undergraduate degree, though sometimes internships are available
harvey6ftwhat are the interviews like?
subodhl82Do you prefer CS or MIS guys?
citigroup4probably CS, but it's case by case
gt494citigroup4: did you see Jan_Kuipers' question of ... what sort of algorithms are you working with?
nfamusWhat about software engineers, are you looking for them
citigroup1My name is Gene, I just graduated with bachelor in Applied Physics and Mathematics, and started this summer with Citigroup half way through to getting MS in Statistics.
shaqtIm involved in a lot of algorithmic coding..am developing a novel cryptosystem in C, and have some other architect level experience
gt494citigroup1: HI Gene
citigroup4the interviews include reviewing your resume and plenty of technical questions and, if you have experience, an assessment of your industry knowledge
citigroup4we don't do too much crypto here, sorry :)
jmpld40citigroup1: hi gene
asadfirozeDo you provide internship opportunities to students from Canadian Universities
shaqthowever, I am paying for my own tuition..contract CS jobs,etc..so much GPA is pretty *SAD*
ibbucitigroup4: do you hire people with 3 years bachelor dgree in CS
ibbucitigroup4: degree*
laughingMancitigroup1: are you working with soft developer team ?
subodhl82In an initial screening what GPA cutoffs are generally done?
citigroup1Being from non-U.S. university is not a problem, just you need a visa.
gdiegodo you hire people that is doing second year at university :D ?
gt494citigroup1: what are you doing at Citi?
Talyn11are there any entry level positions for recent graduates with a CS degree?
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup4: I've got the impression that you are not specifically looking for people with a background in finance. What do you do to bring them up to date (in finance)?
citigroup1We are constantly looking for top-notch CS guys
citigroup4if you have a bachelors, you are good. if you don't, you might be an intern, but not full time
kcluneis it possible for someone to work there full time, and continue their education during off hours?
harvey6ftwhat's your interview process like?
jmpld40citigroup2: hello citi2
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: Finance education is not what matters. I have a degree in Physics and Statistics.
citigroup4my degree is in math, though w/ a minor in finance
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: And it's not that many people here have their fitrst degree in Finance.
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: do they give you in house education on finance?
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: (btw, i have a degree in physics/math too)
citigroup1The 1st rounfd of interview process if about what you know. I.e. if you're CS, it will be about CS :) After that it's usually math and probability.
Talyn11does citigroup offer any programs for continuing education, if i wanted to persue a masters degree while employed
mehfishso learning is more on-the-job?
citigroup4kclune: you can continue graduate work, but you should have completed your undergrad
tavbertHave you begun contacting people from topcoder for interviews?
gt494tavbert: yes several people have had interviews
Ryanprobability is all about DP
citigroup1I'm continuing to work towards my MS and (in future) PhD degree ona part-time basis. And Citigroup is going to even pay for it.
chamilbthi i have heard that citygroup is expanding in Sri Lanka
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: well done
asadfirozeI have graduated from Canadian University and went back home in Dubai. Are you hiring here in Dubai
chamilbtdo u have any programming work there ?
gdiegohow do you interview someone in other country?
ibbuTalyn11: I saw one ad from citigroup they were hiring in sussex and u can complete ur MS while studying they pay for it 2
citigroup3we have offices all over but our groups (the high end trading system development) is in NY, London, and HK
Talyn11i probably missed this but what are the primary locations of citigroup?
Ryantopcoder has a high international following
citigroup1On-the-job learning is very intensive. But you to bringing something to the table s a plus as well :)
chamilbtoh
citigroup3we tend to only interview in the location where they will work. if it is first round and the person will eventually work in NY - we may have them interview 1st in london - but that is rare
gt494for citi1 - citi4, what do people have to know to work at citi? Meaning what are you looking for?
schoi21cwhere in NY?
citigroup1Interviewing in other country is done over the phone for the first round. Our team here turned out to is very multilingual and multinational btw.
citigroup3downtown and warren NJ
merolishYeah, it's a very nice building in east midtown.
citigroup4gt494: we are looking foremost for raw intelligence and programming prowess. finance is not required though somewhat useful; same with math.
gt494citigroup3: which group do you work in at citi/
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: Can you describe in more detail what sort of projects you're working on?
schoi21cwhat kind of programming related work do you have?
gt494citigroup4: how do you assess raw intelligence and programming prowess?
citigroup3Everyone here is from equity derivatives or stat arb systems or algorithm development
citigroup4gt494: real-time systems in C++, Java, and C#
citigroup1A LOT of programming work is going on here. We are in process of building a new generation of infrastructure for relative-value trading for instance. And surprisingly it is much more about CS than Math of Stats or Finance.
citigroup1(from the man-hour standpoint)
citigroup4gt494: brainteasers, technical tests, topcoder tests
subodhl82SOA?
merolishUh, is your infrastructure on Windows?
citigroup3we need both raw intellegence and CS. CS is our language so we require people to be very fluent in it before we even get into the math
citigroup4gt494: different groups are on Linux, Solaris, and Windows
SmileyGirl256Hi. I was wondering - for a software engineer, what are the advantages of working at Citigroup rather than a straight software company like Microsoft?
Talyn11what can you expect in an interview with citigroup? if you are CS person will it be primarily technical?
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: what is the ratio mah / cs like?
citigroup3we use both linux and windows. most derivatives is windows. most stat arb is linux
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: mah -> math
subodhl82were you referring to web services?
citigroup4gt494: The advantage of Citigroup v MSFT is that you see your work put into practice; you can interact with the real users and see the profits on a daily basis
citigroup3It will be VERY technical. we expect a lot. We expect people to know what they say they know at a very high level. We expect people that explore on their own to have a deep understanding of the basics but a broad understanding as well
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: For example, mymain project now is building a cognitive layer of relative-value trading infrastructure. Like a human brain it has reflex layer and cognitive layer.
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: Reflex one is built and is as necessary as water. Cognitive is the one that actually thinks more long-term and analyzes past. It's very interesting, I work long-hours a lot.
citigroup4gt494: MSFT doesn't do too many real-time systems and doesn't deal with the data volume we do; that makes it more challenging
citigroup3we find many people know the basic structure of a language but do not know the details. when bulding high high performance having an performance edge in small things is key.
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: what is the work environment like, i.e. team size, dress code, work hours, etc?
citigroup4Jan_Kuipers: be careful that you don't overfit the data (most neural nets do)
Talyn11so basically be prepared to know a language inside and out....
gdiegothe youngest person in citigroup is about ?
gdiego20 ? 30 ?
citigroup4Jan_Kuipers: I was 21 when I started
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: math / cs in man-hours is 10% / 90% for a guy like me (quick at math/stats/physics) and not as quick at CS
citigroup3gene was just hired out of school at 22. I was hired when i was 20
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: but if you're CS it can be vice versa or even 50/50
citigroup4Jan_Kuipers: group size is usually 5-15
citigroup4Jan_Kuipers: dress is business casual
citigroup1business casua, ezxactly
citigroup4Jan_Kuipers: work hours, perhaps 40-60 per week, you usually have your weekends to yourself
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: i have master degrees in physics and math, my CS skills basically come from topcoder and alike contests
citigroup3we do development in c++, c#, and java. different groups use differnt languages. derivatives is mostly c++ and c#. stat arb is c++ and java.
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: so it'll probably be like your 10/90
gdiegocitigroup4: so, if you work 40 hours, you cant study while you work
citigroup1weekends to yourself, at least in my experience -- not like i-bankers...
merolishHeh.
citigroup4Jan_Kuipers: full time is 40 hours anywhere in the USA
citigroup3c++ is a key base. We find many java or c# only developers dont know as much of the fundamentals that we view as very important
pinanocitigroup3: what do you mean by "fundamentals"?
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup4: I know, but are you really working 40 hours? Or more? I'm at Yahoo! now and 50-60 hours is more common
citigroup4some people come at 9 and leave at 6, some come at 8 and leave at 8
merolishWant to tell us about the strategies you're working on? :)
abi_kcitigroup1: do you expect a major in cs/math? I am a major in electrical eng. but have been doing good in tc/ACM.
citigroup3how to deal with memory allocation / pointer structures / key speed algorithms. there is a lot that you dont need to know as a java ./ c# only developer. While ok in most development - it ios hard to be a guru level if you dont know how to build
citigroup3 some of the structurs from scratch
citigroup4merolish: of course, we'll tell you all of our secrets. so which competitor do you work at? :)
abi_kcitigroup1: with a minor in cs
citigroup1that's what I do... in the daytime you get distracted a lot, but in the evenings you can spend some time to concentrate...
citigroup1like in the daytime you're more multitask vs in the evenings you can complete everything
citigroup4merolish: more seriously, we make the computers make trading decisions in US equities and exchange-traded equity derivatives
citigroup3we solve fun problems. when you solve fun problems you want to see them completed and the time is not as much a factor. additionally - there is high reward for performance
merolishGood stuff.
pinanocitigroup3: so, a C# coder with heavy background in c shouldn't be too bad off, right?
roguexzdoes citigroup work like most of the big corporates where time usually is not a big factor?
citigroup4roguexz: what do you mean?
citigroup1abi_k: EE is a great major. You did a lot of signal processing, I believe. And a really good thing about it is that you augmented it with a decent CS experience. You are on a very god track. Definitely send us your resume.
citigroup4roguexz: 'time is not a factor'?
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: what is the payment like? Do you get interesting bonuses on how profitable your program is? :)
citigroup1abi_k: especially your minor in CS is a good augmentation
citigroup3pinano: true. the key is knowing the fundamentals.
igorskWhen do you begin hiring interns for summer 2006?
roguexzwell, i work for Oracle. We are a product based company, where time is not the primary factor... especially since, we control the product lines... is work with Citigroup close to that?
citigroup4igorsk: around January 2006 if we recruit on campus, any time up to May otherwise
pinanoroguexz: i work in a similar arena, but a much smaller niche ;) i write tax administration software for my state
roguexzwhat happened to the text i just typed???
pinanoroguexz: i expect to have, at a maximum, 92 copies of my software sold
citigroup3Jan_Kuipers: we dont lose people because of pay. if you work as hard as we do - compensation is top anywhere around. we have to be since we are so picky
citigroup3Jan_Kuipers: and having good algorithms is the lifeblood of our business
nfamusAre you looking for COBOL programmers.
Lord-Venomwhat is the application process for intern
citigroup4roguexz: we produce products, but the users can come hunt you down if you are slow delivering
citigroup1nfamus: CitiTech would be VERY interested in COBOL programmers
citigroup3nfamus: we are not - but other groups may be. cobol is in demand but specific groups. often the mainframe groups which is not us
citigroup4roguexz: also if there are any problems intraday, you may have to fix them within minutes
igorskcitigroup4: Is there any chance of interviewing for Summer 2006 earlier? My current employer will want to know whether i'm coming back by November
citigroup4igorsk: for an internship or full time?
nfamuscitigroup1: Thanks, I will look in to that.
merolishWhich developer tools do you use?
igorskcitigroup4: internship
roguexzcitigroup4: I never meant that we are slow producers. ... once the product is with the ustomer, then they decide what timelines we work at ... but at the conception stage, it is pretty much what we want... :)
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup3: How large are the budgets your stock trading algorithms are working with?
citigroup3nfamus: We are starting a new summer internship program next year for 'elite' technology developers. I would check out citi;s career web site for details
citigroup4igorsk: november is standard for full time but i haven't heard of it for internships. most internships require decisions in february or march. if you're good maybe we can interview you before your nov. deadline, possibly
RagnarokOlexiyO: :)
OlexiyORagnarok: yo man
citigroup3Jan_Kuipers: We base capital off risk. different than traditional measures. All together - algorithms trade over 50% of all stock. We are amoung the largest players.
citigroup4roguexz: conception comes from the business; it dictates the features and performance necessary to compete
roguexzcitigroup4: true. but what i have noticed in most of the product based companies (from all my friends, etc) is that they are primarily lazy... no offense to any company,but that is a fact dude... :-)
schoi21cpeople flooding into the room ... :)
prayankscitigroup1: what kind of questions are asked in interviews, can you give us example of a real question?
ankitguptadoes citigroup offer summer internship to students?
citigroup4ankit, yes
Talyn11can you tell us the benefits to working for citigroup?
citigroup3roguexz: Most are lazy. That is why we have small specialized groups that are focused on hard problems that are core to the business. look at pixar - it is product based but the tech challenges are huge
debugger123in citigroup any other softwares they are doing except citibank
citigroup1prayanks: In which area? Are you comfortable with financial math question now?
citigroup3roguexz: we are similar. our product is our lifeblood. if we are lazy - we are dead
citigroup4Talyn11: good hours, interesting challenges, compensation, the opportunity to make a large impact (because we are such a large player in the markets)
citigroup3roguexz: that does not mean that we dont have 'lazy' groups. that is why in product based firms you have to look carefully at the group
prayanksLets say one example of a C++ question and one example of a Fin Math question? :-)
citigroup4fin math: which is worth more, an asian or european option with identical terms, and why?
datawranglercitigroup1: hi, which geographic areas are hiring now?
sarangraocitigroup1: are you just looking at candidates who are in the US or do you recruit people who are based elsewhere too?
citigroup3roguexz: c++ - we tend to not ask specific questions but lead a discussion on how things work. We let this conversation wander which makes it a difficult interview
matmisso much for the math in question...
prayanks:-)
shahgeeDo you allways look for experience or there are entry lavel jobs also
citigroup4downtown manhattan, warren NJ, maybe london and hong kong. this chat does not cover any others
starwizWhat programming languages do you guys generally use?
citigroup1prayanks: Assume you know for sure that ["realized"] volatility for a particular stock will be 20% during the following 12 months and the implied volatility of options traded today at-the-money is 30%.
citigroup1prayanks: How do you make 1 million dollars out of it assuming your forecast is correct.
cvoinescuanything is worth more than european options -- they are the most restrictive
citigroup4shahgee: both, as long as you have at least an undergrad degree (except for interns)
citigroup4shahgee: C++, C#, Java
roguexzcitigroup4: ok, i get the picture.... that makes sense now, especially if you have a specialised group doing the core work... would like to work with them for sure, given an oppurtunity.
citigroup4cvoinescu: american
Merlin[Kyiv]citigroup1: Do international students have chance of employing with Citigroup (not from the areas just mentioned)?
citigroup4starwiz: oops, the languages were misaddressed
citigroup1VISAS: being international vs American is not a big concern in my experience. I am from Russia and when i was hires I was on a plain F-1 student visa, but it worked out. The main thing is WHAT YOU CAN DO.
merolishI assume C++ is used for the most performance-critical stuff?
citigroup4cvoinescu: american is worth more, but asian is not. a little overconfident, you are young jedi :)
debugger123right now i am in india if i got opportunity to work in citigroup how can i get opportuinity to work in usa
starwizWhat kind of experience do you look for in interns? Just general experience with either C++, Java, or C#? Or something specific?
OlexiyORagnarok: Mellit is back :)
pinanocitigroup3: thanks for answering my questions
citigroup1VISAS: There are interview questions in CS, Physics, Math etc as well.
citigroup1I didn't mean to say "visas"
amirshimmerolish: Although alot of performance critical is done in c++ we are seeing great performance from c#.
albertohirai: e ae
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: Do you really ask physics question in the interview?
citigroup1Mogno poobschatsa na russkom, no u menia russkoi klavy net.
cvoinescucitigroup4: i have much to learn
citigroup3We are increasingly using c# for even many performance applications (.net 2.0 has nice performance). Most core infrastructure is still c++ as you cant beat it when performance is key
citigroup4cvoinescu: for interns we look mostly at your education, and ask you some technical questions. your work experience is less of a factor
nicka81citigroup1: ostorozhno, zdes' mnogo russkix ;-)
taggyhow to apply for citigroup internships ?
dmytrocitigroup1: kakoj univer ty zakanchival?
wdtsengwarmingup: hey..
warmingupwdtseng: hi
datawranglercitigroup4: euro -> only exercise @ expiry...
datawranglercitigroup4: american -> exercise up to expiry
citigroup1Jan_Kuipers: yes, we would ask physics questions if you claim you're top notch at physics
chamilbtCan a forign recident apply for any of u'r positions ?
Merlin[Kyiv]citigroup1: Ya student, specialnost - finansovaya matematika. Krome togo silniy CS background (rabotayu programmistom). Zhivu v Ukraine. Sleduet li mne hotya by interesovatsya predlozheniyami Citigroup?
datawranglercitigroup4: but what's unique about asian?
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: okay I see
chamilbtsay some one fromthe sub continent applying to HK?
gdiegoso, would you hire someone living in latin america :) ?
citigroup4asian --> payoff is based on average price of security over some period
citigroup3dmytro: citi website - hr site. there will be a link about citi technology internships soon
taggycitigroup1: how to apply for internships ?
citigroup1Merlin[Kyiv]: Man, if you wrote in English, much more topcoders would understand what you are asking about...
datawranglercitigroup4: ah- thanks, ive never worked with those
citigroup4gdiego: you'd have to relocate to one of the locales mentioned
Jan_Kuiperscitigroup1: when (which time of the year) do you usually have interns?
citigroup1taggy: email us your resume
gt494http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=contracting&d2=citigroup
Merlin[Kyiv]citigroup1: You proposed that yourself :-)
gdiegocitigroup4: yes, if you pay me a ticket I would go anywere you mention :)
starwiz/w GoatBeard Yeah. But, I think it was Yahoo, they had a few guys who were real, highly-rated TC members.
gt494apply there
Petrcitigroup1: don't underestimate the amount of Russians :)
citigroup3gdiego: it is hard without a visa. often people come to get a grad degree in the us specifically so they can get an f-1 and then get an entry position. it is tough without it
anand_nalyaci
citigroup4in many cases we pay for relocation
anand_nalyacitigroup1: why did u sell out i-flex
cvoinescucitygroup4: oh. now i see, asian options have less volatility, because they are an average; also, they capture a bit less interest rate, i think, but that's minor compared to the difference caused by volatility
Antonio_Ocampohi cslucano
citigroup3anand_nalya: i-flex is fixed income. dont know the story
revtekniquesif you have any questions about applying to them....you can email jquach@topcoder.com, bflood@topcoder.com, or kclune@topcoder.com
citigroup4cvoinescu: yes. what's the mathematical theorem that you'd use to prove it?
citigroup1Merlin[Kyiv]: As an intternational you should have a student F-1 or J-1 visa. They are hard to get unless you are a student in U.S. school.
taggyadmins: It's only job applcn there. I wanto apply for interns ? how do i do that ?
gt494taggy: same way
gt494taggy: someone from TC will contact you
citigroup1Merlin[Kyiv]: Also you can intern under much easier to get visas like B1/B2 but you will be "unpaid volunteer"
nicka81citigroup1: is there any possibility to apply without F-1 or J-1?
nicka81citigroup1: for example, with B1/B2 only?
taggyadmins: how do they know i am applying for interns or job? how do u contact me wihtout knowing it ???
revtekniquestaggy: email me at jquach@topcoder.com
gt494taggy: we contact you either way :)
taggyadmins: thank-you
TheFaxmantaggy: http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=contracting&d2=index
citigroup3we have 5 mins and this is citi's last chat. Is there any last questions. it has been good chatting these last 3 times
cvoinescucitigroup4: i have no idea what it would be called. i have to prove two things, that lower volatility in black-scholes implies lower price (easy) and that averages have lower sigma (also easy, there's a simple formula)
gdiegoand the competition will start :) GL ALL
citigroup1Merlin[Kyiv]: Under B1/B2 it is possible to intern. However you'll have to work for free for some time. Maybe Citigroup can provide housing for you and basic expences, but not more. Otherwise it would be illegal.
citigroup4that latter part is the harder part, and I'm thinking of jensen's inequality
Jan_Kuipersthanks for amswering all questions!
taggyadmins: thank you! :)
albertohirai: ?
Merlin[Kyiv]citigroup1: Thank you
nicka81citigroup1: ok, thanks for answering our questions
roguexzcitigroup4: thanks for the time.. till later...
gdiegocitigroup1-4: thx
amirshimgood luck everyone
starwizcitigroup1: Thanks, guys.
ibbuThank you citigroup
harvey6ftgood luck everyone!!
chamilbtthanks and gl to all
ibbuthank you
schoi21cwhat do we do now for competition? it's my first time
citigroup1Merlin[Kyiv]: B1/B2 you can get easily if you are invited by a company to do business, but not earn salary. Citigroup is a big and respectful company, however I don't know anybody who would use this way
jmpld40thanks for chatting, citigroup guys
ankitguptawhat kind of candidates is citigroup looking as summer interns
revtekniquesgood luck!!!!
kclunegood luck everyone!
newAmir_CE: Hi
newAmir_CE: dige
iBrokeMyLegeveryone is getting sucked away :)
citigroup1Merlin[Kyiv]: Good luck!
citigroup1Good luck!
newAmir_CE: what's news?
ankitguptacitigroup1: whatking of candidates is citigroup looking as summer interns
citigroup3ankitgupta: same as full time. more about what we can train vs. experience. being smart and motivated - all that matters
ankitguptacitigroup1: can a summer internship be done for 3 months?
citigroup3ankitgupta: that is the typical time. june to aug
digiassnWhat division of Citi do you guys work for? CBNA, CARDS? (I work for Citi and am curious)
citigroup1Equity Derivatives
digiassnIs that a business on its own? Is it commercial or consumer? Just curious, I dont think Ive heard of that group.
citigroup1It's part of GCIB (Global Corporate and Investment Banking)
citigroup1It is an institutional business.
digiassnYou guys in NY or NJ?
citigroup1NY
digiassnWhat got you guys interested in looking for talent through Topcoder? I mean how did you come across the site to scout for talent? Ive been wanting to use a similar approach...
citigroup4we are often looking for non headhunter resumes. we hate rehashed wall street resumes. we want top peolpe from all fields as the finance is the least importnant
digiassnLooking to get away from resumes with buzz words to get through the HR filters? :)