Challenge Overview

Project Overview:
Welcome to the IBM - Learn and Earn Mobile UI Prototype Challenge! The goal of this challenge is to create an HTML5 Prototype for mobile-based application on provided storyboards for Learn and Earn Application. The prototype must follow our standards and our guidelines. Please see more details below.

The main task of this project is to create the UI Prototype based on the provided Storyboard design by re-use existing best practices look and feel also the functions of HTML5 mobile.

This UI Prototype will use Responsive Design solution that will works within Mobile Platform. You must use mobile web HTML5 best practices so it will looks good in targeted device. Read more details for UI Prototype Requirements and Flow below.

As part of this challenge you will need to document all HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript code. We need clear explanation of the code to help us figure all the HTML5/CSS3/JS code functions and make it easier for future developers and the client to understand what you have built. 

Tips for Success: Asking questions early and getting Copilot or PM's feedback is very important for the success of this challenge.

Competition Task Overview:
The main task of this competition is to develop HTML5 prototype based on the provided storyboard designs. Your prototype must work properly in all the required browsers. We're only concern about mobile browser since this app will run in mobile devices like iPhone 5 above and Android.

Important:
- We want to add sound effects and animations, you have access to use any sounds from here: 
http://elearningtemplates.com/elearning-stock/ 
- We would like YOU to make recommendations about the sounds to use.
- We would like YOU to make recommendations about animations to use, i.e. movement between views can be animated.

Required Pages:
- Please see readMePreview.pdf for flow, its important to flow the notes.
1) Loading Screen page:
- 01_loading_variation1.jpg, 01_loading_variation2.jpg and 01_loading_variation3.jpg.
- User opens the application and will see loading screens.
- Please show one of the three variations while the process is loading -- we want a different one to show each time the application loads (i.e., randomly pick one).
- When the loading process ends, user will be redirected to login page.

2) Login page:
- 02_login_screen.jpg
- Logo at the top is image based.
- User needs to enter their IBM credential first before able to use the app.
- If user provide wrong credential or forgot to enter one of the login fields, error screen will appear, please show a normal login error scenario.
- When user clicks login he will be redirected to landing page.

3) Landing page:
- 03_landingScreen_Default.jpg & 03_landingScreen_Expanded.jpg.
- This screen will be shown after login.
- If user clicks on (…) icon at the top left of the screen he will be shown more options (03_landingScreen_Expanded.jpg):
-- Clicking on profile icon will redirect user to profile page (11_ProfileImage.jpg)
-- Clicking on sound icon will enable disable sound.
-- IBM connections icon is a dead link.
-- X icon will quit the game.
-- Clicking on (…) again will hide the menu.
- If user clicks on All Categories button he will be redirected to All Categories page (04_categories_All.jpg).
- If user clicks on My Categories button he will be redirected to My Categories page (04_categories_My.jpg)
- If user clicks on Leaderboard button he will be redirected to Leaderboard page (10_Leaderboard.jpg)

4) All Categories:
- 04_categories_All.jpg
- Clicking on home icon at the top will take the user back to landing page (03_landingScreen_Default.jpg)
- When user clicks on My Categories tab he will be shown his categories (04_categories_My.jpg).
- Clicking on the start icon will subscribe you to the category.
- Clicking on the hand magnifier icon will redirect user to challenge view (05_Challenge_View.jpg)
- User should be able to swipe between all categories and my categories tabs using swipe right and left.

5) My Categories:
- 04_categories_My.jpg
- Clicking on home icon at the top will take the user back to landing page (03_landingScreen_Default.jpg)
- When user clicks on All Categories tab he will be shown his categories (04_categories_All.jpg).
- Clicking on the star icon will unsubscribe you to the category.
- Clicking on the hand magnifier icon will redirect user to challenge view (05_Challenge_View.jpg)
- User should be able to swipe between all categories and my categories tabs using swipe right and left.

6) Challenge page:
- 05_Challenge_View.jpg
- Clicking on back icon at the top will take the user back to previous page.
- When user clicks on unsubscribe button, the button will change to green with the word subscribe, and the progress percentage will turn into category representing image.
- Clicking on up or down arrow for challenges will have accordion animation effect to show and hide challenge details.
- Clicking on Learn Now button will redirect the user to learning article page (06_Learning_Article.jpg).
- Clicking on Take Quiz button will redirect user to quiz page (08_QuickQuestion.jpg)

7) Learning page:
- 06_Learning_Article.jpg
- Clicking on Video tab will show video related material (06_Learning_Videos.jpg).
- Use any video sample to show its working.
- User should be able to swipe between article and video tabs using swipe right and left.
- When you finish watching the video you will be redirected to learning done view (07_LearningDone.jpg)

8) Learning Done page:
- 07_LearningDone.jpg
- Clicking on take a quiz button will redirect user to quiz page (08_QuickQuestion.jpg).
- Clicking on take action button will redirect user back to learning page (06_Learning_Article.jpg).
- Clicking on back to challenge button will redirect user back to challenge page (05_Challenge_View.jpg).

9) Quiz page:
- 08_QuickQuestion.jpg
- Assume A is the correct answer and the rest are the wrong answer.
- Clicking on A will redirect user to correct result view (08_QuickQuestion.jpg):
-- Clicking on back to challenge button in correct result view will take the user back to challenge view (05_Challenge_View.jpg)
- Clicking on B,C & D will redirect user to wrong result view (09_ResultWrong.jpg):
-- Clicking on take action button in wrong result view will take the user back to learning view (06_Learning_Article.jpg).

10) Leaderboard page:
- 10_Leaderboard.jpg
- Clicking on home icon at the top will take the user back to landing page.
- Clicking on All Category right arrow icon will show sort view (10_Leaderboard_Sort.jpg).
- Notice user placement is always visible at the bottom.

11) Profile page:
- 11_ProfileImage.jpg
- Clicking on home icon at the top will take the user back to landing page.
- Clicking on use IBM connections button will be a dead link.
- Clicking o upload image button should open your device photos to select from.
- Clicking on use preset avatar button should show pick avatar view (12_PickAvatar.jpg)

Specific HTML/CSS/JavaScript Requirements:
HTML/CSS Requirements:
- Your HTML code must be valid HTML5 and follow best practices
- Validate your code - reviewers may accept minor validation errors, but please comment your reason for any validation errors. Use the validators listed in the scorecard.
- Use CSS to space out objects, not clear/transparent images (GIFs or PNGs) and use proper structural CSS to layout your page. Only use table tags for tables of data/information and not for page layout.
- No inline CSS styles - all styles must be placed in an external style-sheet.
- Use semantically correct tags - use H tags for headers, etc. Use strong and em tags instead of bold and italic tags.
- Element and Attribute names should be in lowercase and use a "-" or camel naming to separate multiple-word classes (i.e.. "main-content", or "mainContent)
- Label all CSS, JavaScript, or HTML hacks with explanations so others will understand.
- Your code must render properly in all browsers listed in the scorecard in both Mac and PC environments.

JavaScript Requirements:
- All JavaScript used must not have any copyrights to any third party. You are encouraged to use your own scripts, or scripts that are free, publicly available and do not have copyright statements or author recognition requirements anywhere in the code.
- You are allowed to use JQuery for this contest.

Browsers Requirements:
- Firefox, Safari Mobile & Chrome Mobile Browsers
- Android Browser.

Documentation Provided:
- Storyboard Screens and PSD files can be found in forums.
Note: The provided screens are for retina display, we need to support both normal and retina displays.

Final Submission Guidelines

Submission Deliverables:
- A complete list of deliverables can be viewed in the UI Prototype Competitions Tutorial.

Final Submission:
- For each member, the final submission should be uploaded to the Online Review Tool.

ELIGIBLE EVENTS:

2015 topcoder Open

REVIEW STYLE:

Final Review:

Community Review Board

Approval:

User Sign-Off

SHARE:

ID: 30047894