Technician Scheduling Tool Release 2 Backend Assembly

Key Information

Register
Submit
The challenge is finished.

Challenge Overview

1.1    Overview
The client wants to develop an application that would help them with scheduling people (i.e. qualified technicians) and equipment, to specific job sites (i.e. locations) for a given duration of time. In other words, the client needs an application that would allow it to manage, schedule, and track resources (such as technicians and/or equipment), their engagement, qualification, and availability. They want to have this information at their fingertips though a well-designed application which the client prefers to be web-based.

The client has people and equipment that cover jobs all over the country. Since no location has sufficient resources to meet peak demands (and the ability to predict the peak demand is rather difficult,) the number of requests for services from customers will vary greatly during the year.  
When a location is in need of extra resources, the local (i.e. for that location) supervisor will usually need to acquire and schedule the needed resources from amongst multiple locations.  Sharing of these resources amongst locations is very common but quite challenging.

This application will provide the complete technician scheduling solution. This release focus on exporting report, account management, qualification expiry checking, etc.

This assembly will provide: 

• All entities defined in Release2 Entities Class Diagram.
  • All exceptions defined in Release2 Exception Diagram.
  • All services and their implementations defined in Release2 Services Class Diagram.

More details are in Technician_Scheduling_Tool_Release2_Backend_Assembly_Specification.rtf

Final Submission Guidelines

1.2    Submission Deliverables
A complete list of deliverables can be found in the TopCoder Assembly competition Tutorial at:
http://apps.topcoder.com/wiki/display/tc/Assembly+Competition+Tutorial

This assembly will use release1 backend source code as code base.

ELIGIBLE EVENTS:

2014 TopCoder(R) Open

REVIEW STYLE:

Final Review:

Community Review Board

Approval:

User Sign-Off

SHARE:

ID: 30033189